Internet Download Manager is a download accelator. By using this software we are able download from the Internet at a high speed.But when we are downloading the software from its official site it is not a full version. That is a 30 day trial pack. After these days are past it will ask you to enter serial key or to buy. So here is the process to make any latest downloaded IDM full version.After making this it will be registered for lifetime and not ask to register it further.
Also See: How to increase the speed of torrent download without using any 3rd Party application
Here I will describe how can we make an latest IDM full version using some serial keys and adding some tricks. You can download the latest IDM from here.
Otherwise download any latest version of idm and make it full version from the below process by using the serial keys and some simple changes in the hosts file.
1. Download the latest version IDM from here and install it.
2. Navigate to “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc” on your computer.
3. In the “etc” folder you will find a file with name “hosts”
4. Now right click on the Hosts file and choose “properties” and Navigate to “security” tab on the property window.
5. Now click on “Advanced” and Navigate to “owner” tab on the Advanced Security Option.
6. Click on “edit“.
7. A new window will be opened. There you will find a table asking for “change Owner to“. Now change there to your local user on which you logged on.(e.g. USER-PC or anything on your system. Not the Administrator user)
8. Below that you will find an check box “replace owner on sub containers and objects“.
9. Just tick the check box.
10. Now apply all the modified setting. During apply the changes it will show an message “You dont have the permission to read the file or the contents of the directory. Do you want to change the permission of the file or folder to full control. All permission will be replaced if you press ok”. Just Ignore the message and press OK.
11. Now again Right click of mouse onthe “Hosts” file and choose “properties” then Navigate to “security” tab.
12. Now click On “Edit” on the “Group or User Names” section.
13. A new window for permission will be opened.In the permission window choose the logged or local user and in the “Permission For User” tab tick on “Full Control”.
14. Now apply those changes. And click on “ok”
15. Now open the “Hosts” file with notepad and Copy the below bold letters and paste it in the hosts file.
16. Now save the hosts file.
If you are facing any difficulty in saving the hosts file then you see the how to take ownership of a file.
Because, without taking the ownership we will not be able to modify the hosts file.
20. And click on ok to register. that is it. Now your latest IDM become full version with the registration.